Q: My car has rough idle. When I give it gas the car won't accelerate.

asked by on July 20, 2017

My car feels rough when accelerating. When I come to a complete stop and I give it gas the car won't accelarate. I could have the gas pedal all the way to the floor and it won't go. I let go of the gas pedal and accelarate again and it kinda catches on but it feels slow and not right. The car also hesasates to accelarate when making turns. The car feels like it's forcing.

Loss of power Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

At your car’s age and mileage, it really could be just about anything. And since the self diagnostics on the car are not very sophisticated, it’s going too take some old-school diagnostic work. If you are behind on any of the regular services, it may be a good first step to catch up. Sometimes performance problems can be solved with some plugs, wires and filters. But even if not, the condition of these parts needs to be verified before spending money on other things. I suggest You contact Your Mechanic and have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your Honda and let you know what it’s going to take to fix it.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr