Q: Car won't stop making noises and jerking .

My car is making a knocking, flapping , rattling noise when i drive it. It also jerks when accelerating to reach a higher speed . My rpm won't rise above 3000 rpm . The fasted my car can go on the high way is about 50 barely even that .

Car idle is rough Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The rough running circumstance you are describing is often a consequence of multiple faults in ignition, fuel, and air induction, not to mention the possibility of low or uneven cylinder compression. Just as a for instance, you could have uneven cylinder compression combined with faulty spark plugs or perhaps inadequate fuel pressure. There really are a myriad of causes of rough running and thus a mechanic has to apply a systematic diagnostic. Mechanics use a "decision tree". Often, at the top of the tree is simply making sure that all maintenance related to "engine management" has been done. So, if it turns out that the engine’s spark plugs haven’t been changed in 150,000 miles and the wires are 15 years old, often things like that should be addressed first for two key reasons: they have to be done anyway and simple maintenance might make a difference in the subsequent diagnostics. Your best bet is to request a rough running diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will go over your engine from top to bottom and see what can be done to restore it to reasonably good operating condition. Typically, such is achievable with just those repairs indicated by a professional diagnostic. Please let us know how we can best address your needs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr