Q: Loud humming noise coming from the right front tire.

I just started getting a loud humming noise from the right front tire. When I stopped the rim was extremely hot. About 20,000 miles ago a complete brake job was performed, pads, rotors, and calipers. The car does not pull during braking, acceleration or normal driving. The noise starts when reaching 50 mph+.

Hello there, many different faults will cause a humming noise from the front tire of your 2008 Kia Optima. The most common would be a failing tire, wheel balance, wheel bearing, dragging brake pad, sticking caliper, or a CV axle issue. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your humming noise and perform any repairs required to get the car back to normal.