Q: new ac compressor now not energizing clutch

my old compressor bearing went bad so i bought new compressor .i vacuumed system out .i have good seal no leaks.Well now ac compressor wont kick on.to add freon i manually cycled system with jumper wire giving power to compressor momentarily for 5 to 7 sec intervals.it blows clod when i do that.i have power to cycle switch .and jumped the output side of the female terminal to see if switch cycles or not .i have full power all the time .like it not turning off from the switch. and it still wont engage clutch so im stuck.i dont wanna keep buyin freon.can u help me

Hello. From what you describe, it sounds like there may be some sort of issue with the clutch pressure / cycling switch. These switches are responsible for activating the compressor when they detect that the pressure is at or temperature has reached a certain threshold. If they are not functioning properly, or there is an issue with the circuit or wiring, then they may cause the system to malfunction. I would start by testing the switches to see if they may need to be replaced and going from there. If you need help having this scoped out, a certified expert from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the AC system and guide your through a repair.