Q: Car won't start keeps starting then cutting out its a new battery as well

Hi there i have a 02 automatic ford focus im having trouble starting it i turn the key and it sounds like its going to start but doesnt sometimes it does start but cuts out after a minute battery is newly fitted yesterday everything else on car works as well someone help i dont kniw much about fixing cars

Hello. This is most likely not a battery problem if the car cranks over and starts even if it dies shortly after. This is more likely an air/fuel supply issue. There is something called an idle air control module in your car that regulates the air intake allowing it to mix properly with the fuel at idle. When this is not working as it should, the car will struggle to idle properly, if at all.

When this happens, you will most likely see a Check Engine Light come on in the dash. When this happens, it is best to have the car hooked up to a scanner which will download information from your car’s ECM (computer) giving details as to which parts are failing causing the light to come on. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to the site of the car to diagnose the hard-starting issue with a scanner and follow through with repair.

• Car won't start keeps starting then cutting out its a new battery as well