Q: We’re the oil filler cap is it is full of oil and the dipstick says it has low oil.

I go to check my dipstick and it’s on the low side and it says I need a quart of motor oil, so just to make sure I can put a quart in I take off the oil filler cap and it’s full of oil is it supposed to be full of oil at the top?

Hi Jermaine. Thanks for contacting us today. When you add engine oil, it will drain through the oil galley and into the engine pan. So, when you fill the oil, it will not appear to be fuller. Add the quart of oil, close the cap, wait about 5 minutes and check the oil level on the stick, and you should be good.