Q: P0017 check engine code

asked by on August 10, 2016

I am getting a p0017 check engine code on my vehicle. I have replaced the sensors corresponding to the code. I have also replaced the cam actuator solenoid. Nothing has worked so far

Change Oil and Filter $92.43 - $157.60 Get a Quote
Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Most of the time, replacing the components that you did will take care of the P0017 code. Lack of oil flow to the actuator can contribute to the code. Also, using motor oil that has a different viscosity rating from what the manufacturer suggests can cause issues. Motor oil that is too thick will not move the actuator as quickly as it should, and that can cause the code. I suggest having your oil changed by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic. The technician can then proceed with further testing to be able to determine the exact cause of the Check Engine Light.