Q: I have a 06 volvo s40 t 5 awd.it is leaking antifreeze from the drivers side direcrly underneath the transmission.runs great, no

asked by on December 23, 2016

It leaks on the driver side just underneath the transmission sometimes it's just a drip and other times it looks pretty steady runs good no overheating everything looks good .long trip leaks more.its gotta be something simple

Hello, thank you for writing in.The best way to determine the cause of the leak is to locate where it is coming from. There are several cooling system components in that area including hoses and the heater core. Both components being infamous for developing leaks. You may want to start by tracing those lines and making sure they are not cracked or damaged. If they are, simply replacing the line or hose should stop the leak. If the heater core is damaged, the extent of that damage will need to be evaluated before repairs can be made. For more help locating and repairing the leak, contact our service department.