Q: Will the intake runner solenoid give a P0171 or and a P0174 trouble code? 2005 Ford F150

asked by on February 04, 2017

I get a hesitation and loss of power

Loss of power Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello - the short answer is "No". The P0171 and P0174 codes you mention are "lean condition" Bank 1 & 2 respectively. Intake runner solenoid issues are P200x codes. Your loss of power may be a result of a fuel supply issue, failing oxygen sensors falsely driving lean conditions through engine management, etc. I recommend a loss of power inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.