Q: Hoses Collaped

I notice that when my engine is cool my hoses collapse. I googled it and it says I need a radiator cap or hose. I replaced the top hose and the radiator cap but the hoses are still collapsing. What could be the problem

When the cooling system heats up the coolant expands and the coolant excess pressure is released out the radiator cap into the overflow reservoir. When you shut off the engine the engine will start to cool off and the coolant will contract and will then start to pull in the coolant back into the engine through the reservoir and radiator cap. This is the way the system works normally. Your coolant is not able to flow the way it should back and forth in and out of the coolant reservoir.You should have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic check the cooling system reservoir for pickup tube blockage and the radiator cap for blockage. If the coolant is old and sludge in it this could be blocking the passages in the overflow hose and radiator cap. The thermostat also may have a blocked bleed hole and the thermostat needs replaced. I would recommend having the cooling system thermostat replaced and the entire system flushed out then the radiator cap vent checked and replace radiator cap if it is needed. A mechanic like one from YourMechanic can come to you on a morning to verify the collapsed hoses and perform a test and repair for you.