Q: Knocking/ Pining/ Dieseling noise

Toyota dealer couldn't figure it out after trying tune up, fuel injector service. They sent a recording of the noise with a scan tool to a Toyota engineer and their response was thats normal. I have been using premium gas, tried carbon cleaner in my gas and nothing helps. I'm not an oversensative driver, the knocking gets REALLY bad when the car is going up a slight hill or getting on the highway via on ramp.

Hi there. If your Tacoma is a 4x4, then check the transfer case and see if that is where the noise coming from. If it is, then the chain in the transfer case is slipping and needs replaced or repaired. If your Tacoma is a 2x4, then the noise would be coming from the flex plate as it could be bent or cracked. This is a common issue with Toyota vehicle. If you need further elp with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with the knocking noise.

3. Knocking/ Pining/ Dieseling noise