Q: Why won't my 2001 Ford Taurus start after we replaced the water pump.

asked by on April 05, 2017

I have a 2001 Ford Taurus and have the water pump replace and after it was replace the car didn't start.

Hello. I would need to know if the engine is cranking or not doing anything in order to be able to accurately help you. If the engine is not cranking at all then you may have just run the battery down when working on it. If the engine is cranking and not starting then you may have an issue with the crank position sensor being moved or disconnected when replacing the water pump. I would usually check that first and also see if there is a crank signal in the computer. If those are fine then you may have an issue with the security system. If you need some help with this no start, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the engine will not start] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-not-starting-inspection