Q: Headlights and dash lights flicker

Hi. When I turn the car on, there is flickering of headlights and lights on the dashboard. I had the alternator replaced when I went to a shop to check the electrical system. The issue still persists inspite of this. What should I do? Thanks.

A: It is possible that your voltage regulator ...

It is possible that your voltage regulator is going bad. Normally, this is integrated into the alternator but some vehicles have it separate. If the voltage regulator has failed, the amount of power that all your vehicles accessories will receive will be inconsistent. I would recommend having your voltage regulator located and tested for proper function. Since this is related to the electrical system of the vehicle, ensure this service gets performed by a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic. They will be able to inspect your electrical system and replace your voltage regulator if necessary.