Q: Steering wheel vibration and shaking

I crashed my Mazda 3 sedan on the front right passenger side pretty bad, but I ended up only changing the damaged steering components on the front right side, not in pairs. For example I changed the strut assembly on the right but not the left, do you think that would explain for the steering wheel vibration and bumpiness on the freeway sometimes? Take note, that I do have brand new, balanced tires, and I did get an alignment after changing the front strut and sway bar, but I didn’t get an alignment after changing and balancing the tires. Would it be okay to just replace the front left driver strut, and maybe that would minimize the vibration and shaking. My motor mounts are also replaced. Thank you

You probably should have changed the struts in pair at least because now you have an original strut on one side and a replacement strut on the other. The two might be slightly different in construction even if they seem identical. But I think you need to take a good hard look at your wheels. Sometimes they get bent in an accident. While that should show up during the tire replacement and balancing, a lot of tire store guys are not really diligent about checking for these things. A quick way to tell if you are having a wheel issue is to swap the front and rear tires and see what changes. If you decide to get some professional help with this you can contact YourMechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your shaking issue and let you know what it is going to take to solve it.

3. Steering wheel vibration and shaking