Q: My steering wheel vibrates

asked by on November 07, 2016

My steering wheel vibrates

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Steering wheel vibration can be caused by a few different issues or components. If the front tires are out of balance, the imbalance will cause a vibration typically felt and seen in the steering wheel. If a tire is out of round with a possible belt shift, the same vibration can be seen and felt. Tires of a softer rubber compound can temporary "flat-spot" when parked for a few hours or overnight. This can cause a vibration that can be seen and felt in the steering wheel for several miles after first getting in the vehicle, then disappear as the tires warm up. Also, if either of the front wheels are bent or damaged, the same type of vibration can be seen or felt in the steering wheel. Have a certified technician inspect and diagnose your vibration issue to find the correct cause.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr