Q: Noise when I turn the wheel and go over a bump.

asked by on November 07, 2016

Hello, my car its making a noise when I turn the wheel on the run or even when is parked, sound also when I drive over a bump its does make a different noise. I did change the lower arm control the struts on the front end.I did check the power steering liquid already and its ok.

Hi there. It sounds like there could be a fault with the strut mount, strut assembly, outer tie rod, ball joint, or control arm. Recheck for proper torquing of the control arm that you installed and inspect for any other possible causes of the noise. It could also be a combination of 2 faults causing the noises or one component failing and causing both.

I strongly suggest acquiring a qualified technician to perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with an inspection of the noise when you drive over bumps.