Q: Can slamming car doors lead to rattling noises in the door?

Will slamming my car doors cause rattling later on?

Slamming your car doors is not good for your car in the long run. Violent actions like this eventually loosen the fasteners that hold your doors together, not to mention that you could also shatter the windows in the doors. Besides loosening the fasteners, continued slamming causes the metal panels to buckle and bend which leads to misalignment and poor body fit. Your doors will be harder to close because they will be out of proper adjustment with the door openings. This could lead to a rattling noise. On top of that, the doors won’t seal properly which leads to water leaks when it rains or when you drive through the car wash. Avoid slamming your doors. If you are having to slam your door to get it shut, you will want to get this looked at before continuing to cause potential damage.

3. Can slamming car doors lead to rattling noises in the door?