Q: 03 and the temperature gauge in my Dash has been disconnected and I need to know exactly how to reconnect it

asked by on December 04, 2017

Recently my vehicle started overheating every time I drove it I've had work people work on my vehicle but I don't know they. Had. Disconnected my temperature gauge so I need to. Know how to reconnect it
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Coolant Temperature Switch (Sensor) Replacement $88.56 - $354.95 Get a Quote

The instructions depend on where it was disconnected, that is in the engine compartment versus behind the dash. If in the engine compartment, you can look at the driver side near the water outlet on the engine. There is an electrical terminal there, atop a sensor, and you can see if the terminal was left detached. If detached, simply connect it. If anything was disconnected behind the dash, the air bag must be disabled prior to working near the steering column or the dash. If the air bag were to deploy while you are in that region, the consequences can be devastating. Don’t work on or around the dash, steering wheel, or steering column without very specific training in airbag safety procedures. If you desire, a certified mechanic can resolve this issue in short order during a mobile visit right to your location. Just request a coolant temperature switch malfunction service appointment and the responding certified mechanic will get the system functioning again, no matter what the underlying fault is. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.