Q: I have a 2006 Jeep Commander and sometimes when I go to start it there's nothing but a clicking noise? How can i find out why this

I have a 2006 Jeep Commander that is having starting problems. Sometimes when I go to start it, it just clicks? I have climbed under it and used a screw driver to barley move the starter wire that goes to my battery and if I get it just right it will start? Doesn't matter how much gas I have? If it is hot or cold? (Temp outside) Then sometimes it will start with no problem? I haven't noticed what makes it do that? Can you please help me?

You will need to have the battery cables cleaned and serviced. Then have the battery tested for ability to hold a load. Replace the battery cable ends if they are broken or excessive corrosion along with replacing battery.

• I have a 2006 Jeep Commander and sometimes when I go to start it there's nothing but a clicking noise? How can i find out why this