Q: Large water leak causing electrical problems & multiple other issues

One problem that my SUV is having is excessive tire wear. Another is the cruise control won't shut off when I'm pushing the steering wheel control button. Next… there is a large water leak that is causing electrical problems, for example the parking brake is malfunctioning, many of the warning lights don't come on, and the windshield washer doesn't work. With all these problems, I can’t use the SUV until it dries out because the leak from the sunroof will cause electrical failure when I'm driving. I'm also aware that the wiring is probably corroding and might short out, which could result in a fire. This is all rather overwhelming. Would you please give me your advice as to where I should start?

A: Hello there. It sounds like you have a few ...

Hello there. It sounds like you have a few different malfunctions going on. The most serious would be the leak from the sunroof. The most likely cause is the sunroof seal or a failed sunroof assembly. With this leak continuing, it will only cause more issues until it is repaired. You are correct that this can result in corrosion in the wiring. The corrosion can be resolved once the leak is repaired. The cruise control can become stuck on when a fault is found in the system. The most likely cause is the cruise control button or the cruise control computer.

Tire wear can be caused by many different things, but the most likely would be an alignment, struts, or suspension component. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose these fault and advise you on any repairs required.