Q: 01 Chevy Impala v6 3.8L (3800 Series 2). Upper Intake Manifold exploded

I went to the gas station the other day for gas and left my car running while I went inside to pay for $10 in gas. When I went to go drive off I heard a loud bang then smoke came out from under the hood. My Upper Intake Manifold exploded and i'm trying to fine out if it could have caused any other damage to my engine or my Lower Intake Manifold or if I only need to get a new Upper Intake Manifold and gasket. My car has been running hot too, I know I have been loosing antifreeze which I do believe its coming from my water pump. When I got in it to drive off I looked at my temp gauge and it wasn't running hot. Not sure if that could of caused my Upper Intake Manifold to explode like it did or if it could have been another reason it exploded. I really appreciate any help given. My car has an automatic transmission.

Before this question could be answered you will need a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to do a complete assessment of the damages to see if the upper manifold is the only thing that got damaged and why it exploded. You may have a fuel vapor leak that built up when you got fuel from a leak in the fuel tank vapor recovery system like a leaking purge valve. The may have let excess fumes into the intake that upon opening the throttle flooded engine with straight fumes that exploded. Have the system tested along with getting the cooling system tested and repaired.

3. 01 Chevy Impala v6 3.8L (3800 Series 2). Upper Intake Manifold exploded