Q: I just rebuilt my 65 RFE transmission and it works great but am getting the code 4th gear ratio incorrect.

asked by on March 16, 2017

i just rebuilt my 65rfe transmission and it works great but am getting the code 4th gear ratio incorrect, it shifts awesome but before i had any troubles with it before the abs light and traction control light was always on. I have a 2014 dodge ram 1500. Can it be the input output sensors?

Check the transmission fluid and see if its full and clean. If the fluid is original, then I suggest flushing out the fluid and changing the transmission oil filter. If the fluid is good and has been changed, then the 4th gear solenoid has failed or is leaking causing the gear to slip. If the solenoid is working fine, then the clutch pack in 4th gear is slipping causing the gear ratio to slow down when in a direct drive condition. The output shaft and input shaft speed sensors are working fine to pick up the difference in input and output speed. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission.