Q: EPC light, PCV leak and loss of power for 2009 Audi A3 Quattro

My car has 161,500 miles on it. My PCV valve is not good, so I replaced it. But then I found out I have a rear main seal leak. I took my car back to the dealership. They removed the transmission to do some work. I drove it back home and lost all my power, and my Electronic Power Control light came on. Do you think I should keep my car and get it fixed? Is it worth fixing?

A: Hello. It is common for the PCV valve to fa...

Hello. It is common for the PCV valve to fail on this engine, and some of the time, it will cause the rear main to leak also. As for the power control, this means that there is an electrical issue. This can be caused by something that was simply left loose by the dealer when they did the work. I would definitely take it back to them and really not consider getting rid of it unless there are further issues. If you would rather not take this to the dealer, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the loss of power and perform the needed repair.