Q: Car running and idling rough

The car is giving me a code P1569, the engine is idling roughly, and the transition to over 3,000 RPMs is not smooth.

This is a common problem on this engine. When you get symptoms such as this with this code it is caused by an issue with the variable valve timing. Most of the time it is because the timing actuator has failed. In some rare cases it can be caused by the timing chain being worn out. A mechanic would pull the valve cover to inspect the chain and the actuator to see if they have failed and then replace what is needed. If this is something that you are planning on having done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your location and diagnose your rough idling issue.