Q: vibration/buzzing felt in steering wheel, seat, gas pedal, shifter 50 mph up shifted to neutral with engine off

From new, tires were balanced 3 times, also switched to winter wheels - no improvement.(I have 40 years experience as a car hobbiest) I did this test procedure: 1)supported chassis 2)removed wheels 3)supported ball joints to simulate loaded suspension 4)disabled all drivers assistance features 5)idling in gear a wobble is seen in both cv axles - (inner cv is a splined fit into transaxle with some looseness) 6)accelerated to 60 mph the same vibration/buzz is felt starting at 45 mph 7)no unusual noises, no looseness in wheel bearings, no vibration felt on struts. I feel it is a defective cv joint or out of balance axle. Noticeable on smooth roads, test driven other cars including my 21 year old VW GTI so it's not in my imagination(some are smooth, some vibrate). Dealer is willing to call in their service expert to test drive but they themselves are not sure there is a problem

If you are under factory warranty then by all means get the expert there to drive it. VW warranty does not last very long so I suggest you get the most out of it in the meanwhile. They’ll ensure that it gets fixed or at the very least show you that it is a normal condition among all vehicles and is something that cannot be fixed.If you ask a question in the future, please give the model of VW you have as we can better assess your specific issue. Good luck.

If the dealer is unable to help or you’d like a second opinion on this matter, feel free to enlist a certified technician who can diagnose your car’s shaking symptoms at your own convenience.

• vibration/buzzing felt in steering wheel, seat, gas pedal, shifter 50 mph up shifted to neutral with engine off