Q: Can shaft position sensor all of the outcomes of the problem

asked by on September 23, 2016

I got a cam position sensor code from my check engine light. If I replace it will the problem be fixed or are there any other things attached to the cam shaft position sensor, so like even if I do buy the new peice it's not the peice that is causing the problem it would be something else?? ( like electricity or something) Or will just changing the part fix my problem?? Thanks!

Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement $104.59 - $849.08 Get a Quote

Possibilities: 1 - Simply replacing the camshaft sensor will solve your problem. 2 - If it does not, with the age of the vehicle, there can be a break in the wiring harness to the cam sensor. 3 - If there are no breaks in the wiring, the ecu can be bad. If you need assistance with definitively diagnosing the issue, as well as replacing the camshaft sensor a certified technician from YourMechanic can be dispatched to your home or office.