Q: Steering wheel shakes when applying brakes

When I apply the brakes in my car, there is a shaking in the steering wheel. After my mechanic told me it was the rotors, he resurfaced them. However, it did not solve the shaking in the steering wheel. And on top of that, the brake pedal is set lower and it takes much more pressure to brake. Would new rotors solve this problem?

A: The rotors and pads should be replaced as a...

The rotors and pads should be replaced as a set. If not, then you will not have even wear and diminished brake stopping power until the two components are seated to one another.

Sometimes cutting a rotor will not fix the problem of a pulsation unless an on car lathe is used, and even then, they do not always work. I suggest new rotors and pads, and to use high quality parts (may cost more) to ensure satisfaction with the job.