Q: What would make your front tire go into the wobbles while going down the road , it stops when I apply the brakes

asked by on October 22, 2016

It started months ago , I drive a Pretty curvy mountain rd on daily basis, and sometimes when I was in a curve my tire (I believe it's the front drivers side) would go into a really bad wobble, first time it happened I thought I had a blow out, my boyfriend recently replaced the front brakes and since then it has gotten way worse I can't drive anywhere without getting the wobbles I have to apply the brakes pretty heavily and then the wobble stops what could it b

Hi there. From the description you have given, your vehicle’s front end wobble should be diagnosed and repaired before, something breaks. Your safety is priority one. Assuming, whether it is 2wd or 4wd, it could be worn ball joints. It could be, tire tread separation. It could be, a bad shock absorber. It could be, worn steering linkage. It could be (4wd), worn track-bar bushings. With all of the possibilities, your vehicle needs to be properly diagnosed. I recommend your vehicle’s front tire goes into the wobbles be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician from YourMechanic.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr