Q: My dash board lights have been flashing on and off then my car turned off.

A few days ago while starting my car my dashboard lights would flicker on and then off while on acc. Even when I turned key to "on" it would just be blank and no lights on the dashboard will come on. I would have to turn it off then turn it back on for the lights to come on then be able to start the car. Then yesterday while driving, the car just completely just turned off. I pulled to the side turned the keys off and then restarted the car and it started up and drove fine afterwards. Please help I don't know what's wrong and how much would it be to fix it before I go forward thank you!!

A: It sounds like you might be having an issue...

It sounds like you might be having an issue with your ignition switch. The ignition switch is responsible for sending power to different electronics depending on the position of the key.

This fault appears to be intermittent because the vehicle will start and run fine at times. I would recommend having a certified mechanic inspect and test your ignition switch for proper function. Once this has been done, it is likely that the ignition switch will require replacement in order to resolve the issue you are having.

If you'd like to have this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to diagnose your stalling issue and help you repair it as necessary.