Q: Steering Wheel Lock Malfunction light on

asked by on February 01, 2016

The Steering Wheel Lock Malfunction red light is on.

Brakes, Steering and Suspension Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. On a vehicle, such as yours it is common for certain components to not receive adequate voltage. This is due to the added accessories a BMW vehicle has. Also, a possibility is that it will need a software update done by the dealership. A malfunctioning steering column is not completely out of the question but is less likely. I would highly recommend having a certified mechanic inspect your steering to diagnose the problem for you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr