Q: Car exhaust loud when accelerating

The car seems to have a problem with the exhaust. It is quite loud when accelerating. The car also loses power when I first start the engine and I think there might be an oil leak.

The exhaust problem is likely from your flex pipe. The flex pipe allows your engine to move while the exhaust is stationary. It is a common repair which requires a welder and tools.

The oil leak needs to be cleaned off and inspected while running. The cause for the oil leak could be anything from just a loose bolt or oil filter to something more major which requires engine repair.

If you would like to have these issues properly taken care of, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can inspect your vehicle for leaks and diagnose the noise concern to determine what repairs will be needed.