Q: Door lock & unlock on their own

The door locks in my SUV are locking and unlocking and I’m not doing a thing, nor touching anything. Recently the computer was rebuilt and the battery was replaced with a new one. Also the alternator was replaced. After all this work, the door locks still continue to jump. What else should I look for to fix the locks?

I would recommend taking the battery out of your key fob to see if that makes a difference. It is possible that there could be a short within your key fob that is causing the locks to jump. This is a very likely cause since the lock and unlock buttons on most key fobs are right next to each other. If the lock issue is resolved by removing the battery from your key fob, I would recommend purchasing a new key fob and having it programmed to your vehicle. Once this is all done, the lock issue should be gone for good. If the problem persists, you may need to have a certified technician inspect your door lock system to ensure that the correct repairs are made.