Q: my suzuki. Forenza. smokes two colors

Hi i bought a suzuki. Forenza. 2005 and it smoke blue. Then when i push down the gas it smokes. White. An you help please. Maybe some advice. Please. And thank you

Hello. Most of the time when the smoke is blue it is because it is burning oil. If the smoke only occurs when the engine is first started it is typically from the valve stem seals. If it continues to smoke as the engine is running, then it may still be the seals, but it can be the piston rings also.

The white smoke you are seeing may also be the result of the oil burning. When the catalytic converter in the exhaust is at its peak temperature, then the oil will burn off from the heat of the converter. It is also possible that you may have a blown head gasket.

This can cause both oil and coolant to get into the combustion chamber giving you both colors at different times. I typically start by doing a block test on the vehicle to get an idea of what is going on internally. You should also see a loss of some of the fluids if you check them regularly. If you need to have this diagnosed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the smoke to see what’s going on firsthand.

3. my suzuki. Forenza. smokes two colors