Q: My car has trouble staying running when i take my foot off the accelerator, especially when starting when it's cold.

When i start the car i have to give it a little gas to get it to turn over then if i take my foot off the accelerator it sputters and dies. I can get it to start again with the same method of giving it a little gas and then if i hold my foot on the gas and keep the rpms up for a couple minutes it'll finally stay running long enough for me to get going, but if i get to a stop sign or light and sit for longer than a few seconds it sputters and dies again.

Hi Bryson. Thanks for contacting us tonight. On the fuel system of your Buick LeSabre, there is a component called the cold start injector or cold start valve. This helps to mix the air/fuel ratio to assist your vehicle start when it’s been sitting for a while. When this component fails, it can cause a lot of issues with the initial start. However, it’s also possible that the idle control valve or other fuel system component is damaged or simply clogged with excessive carbon deposits. It might be best to have a professional mechanic inspect your vehicle at your location to correctly diagnose the root issue, so the right repairs can be made.