Q: After hitting a deer, pink fluid rushed out from under my car. The engine is overheating now. What is the problem?

After running over a deer last night like pink fluid rushed from under the hood of my truck and it kept overheating. Then it wasn't pulling coolant from the reserve I'm trying to find out is it a busted hose or do I need to replace the radiator or what is the problem

Depending on the amount of damage from the deer, you may need to get a mechanic to check and evaluate the damages to your Jeep.

The pink fluid is most likely engine coolant that has leaked from the radiator due to damage caused by the impact. You should not drive your vehicle at this point or engine damage will happen due to overheating of the engine.

You will need to see if the radiator can be replaced or if there is too much body damage that must be fixed before putting in a new radiator. The front bumper, the radiator support, the radiator and possibly the a/c condenser could have sustained damage from the impact with the deer.

A thorough inspection of the body damage and mechanical damage will need to be done in order to determine the repairs needed to fix the vehicle. It is recommended that you get a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to come and inspect the damage to the radiator and determine the source of the coolant leak.

3. After hitting a deer, pink fluid rushed out from under my car. The engine is overheating now. What is the problem?