Q: My car wont start. 2003 Oldsmobile Alero

OK my car stop starting last week I told my dad it might be the starter he said no that it the crank sensor but when he change it today it still wouldn't start so what the problem I think it might be the starter or battery u never know

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in about your ...

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2003 Alero. If the engine is turning over when you turn the key, then it is not the starter, but it may be the fuel pump or ignition module and coil. Check to see if you have fuel pressure and hear the fuel pump in the fuel tank when the key is turned on and off several times. The most common is the fuel pump or the ignition module. If you need further assistance, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the starting issue and guide you with repair.