Q: Q: Battery died while driving

My battery died and I had to jump it to get it started. I got about 25 miles and all of the lights came on and the car died. I replaced the battery and watched it closely all throughout the next day. The battery quickly dropped below 10 volts, and would crank, but not turn over. I used a jump pack to start to car to try and make it home. I made it 3 miles before it died completely. That night, I charged the battery on the charger. Now, I get no noise from the starter, but the lights and electrical still work. I am thinking it needs a new alternator and starter.

It sounds like a replacement alternator is in your near future. The battery is basically just a storage device that must be charged by the alternator. Without this consistent charging, the battery will quickly become dead. A trained professional will be able to check your entire starting/charging system with a digital test device. They can also replace your alternator if needed.

3. Q: Battery died while driving