Q: What Are Car Blind Spots?

asked by on November 19, 2015

What are car blind spots?

Door Mirror Replacement $153.11 - $991.61 Get a Quote

Blind spots are areas to the side and the rear of your vehicle, where your vision is obstructed so that you cannot see any vehicles that are close to you. These areas are not visible in your sideview mirrors or your rear view mirror. Blind spots are not seen directly unless you turn your head and look over your shoulder.

Some drivers add convex (wide angle) mirrors to either the side view mirrors or the rear view mirror, or both, so that they have a larger field of vision which reduces the blind spot. While these additional mirrors add some benefit to the driver, when it comes to your safety, there is no replacement for looking with your own two eyes at the traffic around you.

If you run into any problems, a certified technician can assist with replacing your door or rearview mirrors in order to maintain your driving visibility.