Hi I wanted to ask since my car has been shutting off eve...

Hi I wanted to ask since my car has been shutting off every time I use it and and when I turn it on the VDC off is light on? I thought it can be the cam sensor but I want to make sure if it’s that Mechanic's Assistant: Do ...

Hi I wanted to ask since my car has been shutting off every time I use it and and when I turn it on the VDC off is light on? I thought it can be the cam sensor but I want to make sure if it’s that Mechanic's Assistant: Do you happen to know the code? Have you tried to reset the computer? No, i have put it in since I just bought the pieces Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car? Its a Nissan [Pathfinder](/topics-pathfinder/) 2005 Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far? Loke it will shut off and then turn back on and the light of the VDC is o and can driving again well my father is, he gonna try the calm sensor Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? Cam\*

Automotive Expert
Hi, my name is\*\*\*\*\*’ve been a technician on Just Answer since 2007 and I'll be helping you today. I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulties with your vehicle. I know how inconvenient car trouble is, but together, we will get your vehicle back up and running quickly. May I ask whom I am chatting with today?

Sam
Automotive Expert
Hi Sam, it's nice to meet you. Is the check engine light on when it's running?

but it wasn’t a Problem before like that though
Automotive Expert
Ok, have you had it scanned? I ask because usually a bad cam or crank position sensor will cause the issue you are having, and it will usually store a code. If you've had the codes read and it's come up with one of those sensors, then it should solve the problem. If you haven't had the codes read, then I urge you to take it to a parts store and ask to have thc codes check, you can then post it here with me if it's not a cam or [crank sensor](/topics-crank-sensor/) code.

Oh a part store, is a mechanic also good?if it is the cam the we have to change it?
Automotive Expert
Yes, usually the parts store is usually free If it's the cam sensor, you'll need to know if it's bank 1 or bank2, the code will point to the one it is.

Oh ok and since my father was thinking of changing it himself he we have to do something else beside changing it?
Automotive Expert
no, it's plug and play, so really, unbolt the old one and plug in the new one and it's done.

Oh ok, and what is the crank cam?
Automotive Expert
Well, we are talking about replacing the crank position sensor or the cam position sensors, these are external parkts on the engine. The crankshaft and the camshafts are internal and not likely the problem.

Oh ok thank you for explaining that to me
Automotive Expert
You're very welcome.

Also will it be ok if I changed both or has to be one?
Automotive Expert
You can change them all without a problem. I do suggest using parts from the dealer though

Oh ok, so I can return the new part of them and go to a dealer since it is much cheaper right
Automotive Expert
It's not cheaper, it's better quality. Sometimes the aftermarket parts don't work well.

Oh ok I understand thank you so much
Automotive Expert
Thank you for taking the time to contact Just Answer today. Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do. If you are satisfied with my help, please let me know with a short note here. Thank you.

Thank you did answer my question good
Automotive Expert
Thanks