Q: My car won't catch in gear. It is slipping right pass the gears.

My car was fine then went to store came back car won't go into reverse park or neutral. In won't start cause car not in park it slip right pass the gears

Hi there. Your shift cable may have come loose on the transmission shift linkage connection either at the transmission or at the steering column linkage under the dash on steering column. Have the cable ends inspected to see if the end bushing fell apart and replace as needed. For a precise diagnosis, I recommend having a certified professional, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the slipping problem and assist with repairs.