My 2014 Ford Fusion sometimes won't start & gives me erro...

Q: My 2014 Ford Fusion sometimes won't start & gives me error codes for it overheating & service the advanced traction control.

asked by on June 11, 2017

My car won't start (not even turn over) and there are warnings that pop up and say that I need to service the advanced traction control & that my engine is over heating (when the hasn't been started in more then 8 hours). I took it to the dealership & they replaced my throttle body. It worked for a couple of days before it went down again. I took it back again, this time the dealership said they couldn't find out what was wrong with it & that it's working again. I took it back for a third time & they said they were going to reset the computer. It worked for just about 3 weeks before it gave me trouble again. Why does this keep happening? Is it a lemon & should I get rid of it?

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a couple of things that may be unrelated. The advanced traction control is nothing more than your vehicles traction control system. Your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information simultaneously to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may experience the symptoms you have described. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals.

Your temperature sensor is likely faulty which may be what is causing the temperature light to come on after the vehicle has been sitting for an extended period of time. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.