Q: Exhaust smell inside the cabin

When is stop like in the winter time windows closed smelling exhaust inside the cabin

Hello. Smelling exhaust fumes inside of the vehicle can be hazardous to your health, and is a problem that should be taken care of as soon as possible. Typically the air from around the engine and front of the vehicle is picked up and comes into the cabin when the climate control is being used. Any form of exhaust leak will allow the fumes to be sucked in with the clean air. The best way to solve the issue would be to locate the exhaust leak and fix it. There are several tests you can perform to find the leak, but typically unless you are experienced with exhaust work, the repair is made by a professional. Clogs and issues with a malfunctioning catalytic converter will also cause these symptoms. You will need to perform a smoke test or other way or finding the leak, then you will need to repair the leak once it has been found.

3. Exhaust smell inside the cabin