Q: Changed heads and now it won't start. Dodge dealer said no compression

asked by on November 03, 2016

Was running fine before I dropped a couple valve seats from over heat. Changed heads. Won't start

Hi there. For the valve seats to drop out of the cylinder head(s), the engine overheat must of been severe. Assuming you followed proper procedure replacing the cylinder heads. This would lead me to believe it to be the compression rings on the pistons. Check the previous work for the cylinder heads to make sure they were done correctly. You may want to get a second opinion on the car to verify the problem. A certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the no start and follow through with repairs.