Q: Unusual noises started suddenly and appear sporadically, clanking sounds and concrete-like sounds

My Ford started to make unusual noises for no apparent reason. It happened suddenly and is getting worse. It is subtle at about 30 mph. At 40 mph, it gets worse. The sound is similar to driving over concrete road. Lately, the car started making clicking noise while I was driving around 55 mph. I had alignment done at the dealership along with putting new tires and brakes. But, they couldn't hear the sound or find anything wrong related to that issue. The sound persists even though the car has been serviced and a lot of parts were replaced. There was also another sound that started and it seems that it's coming from the left, front part of the car. It was clanking a few times. Do you have any idea why this sounds started and are they related?

A: Hello. There are some common issues that ca...

Hello. There are some common issues that can cause a noise like this on your vehicle. Most of the time it is caused by a bad hub bearing. All of the wheels will need to be spun off of the ground to listen for the noise. If it is an all-wheel-drive (AWD) model, it may be the transfer case which is common. If you need to have this diagnosed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the noise in person and determine what fixes are needed.