Q: severe steering wheel vibration at speeds above 60 mph, but not below 60, and severe vibration during braking.

I got the car a couple years ago. it had a severe vibration at high speed, and during braking. I suspected bad tires, (which were balled anyway) and high brake rotor runout. So I put 4 new tires on it and replaced the brake rotors and pads. Ran real smooth for about 4 months. Then it started to vibrate again, BUT only during braking. Well I knew it had good brakes on it but they vibrated. I just ignored it. fast forward 8 months and now the vibration is during high speed driving and very severe during braking. I jacked it up and checked the tires. good smooth even tread wear. but there is a slight amount of play when I wiggle the tire/rim. but the play is only when I wiggle it back and forth, not when I wiggle it up and down. both sides are that way. Also there is no noises associated with any of this. I figured if the wheel bearings were bad I would be able to here it. And that the tire would wiggle no matter the direction I wiggle it. wiggle is only detectable in horizontal direction

A: If you can wiggle the tire side to side the...

If you can wiggle the tire side to side then you either have a problem with inner or outer tie rod ends. You may have both of them that are bad. This will allow the side-to-side movement, but brake rotors that are warped is the fault that may be responsible for the wobbling. You should have the tie rod inner and outer joints checked and replaced. Also check the rack and pinion bushings to make sure they are properly in place. If you need help with any of this, a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect your vehicle’s vibration issue.