Q: Check engine light is on in 2008 Mazda 3..already replaced gas cap and tightened it. Light went off after filling tank with high t

Engine light is on (not Blinking) and went off for about a week after filling up with high octane fuel. Came back on during a bad rain storm and has stayed on. Went off again for 2 or 3 days and is on again. The car feels like it is running fine but unsure how to proceed to get the light off. All other factors seem to be ok.

There are quite a few reasons why the check engine light illuminates, with an EVAP system malfunction (e.g., loose or defective gas cap) just one possibility. If you request a check engine light diagnostic a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would use a code scanner to retrieve the diagnostic trouble code(s) from your car’s PCM (that is, the specific codes have caused the light to set) and then test the appropriate individual vehicle components or sub-systems (often a sensor, circuit, and the like) to pinpoint the reason why the check engine light has illuminated. Once the faulty part or component is identified, it is explained to your satisfaction and the mechanic will let you know of the cost to repair. If you schedule the recommended diagnostic, the mechanic will resolve this promptly for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Check engine light is on in 2008 Mazda 3..already replaced gas cap and tightened it. Light went off after filling tank with high t