Q: 2001 impala white smoke misifre and gas smell.

car had intake gaskets replaced. put back together. lacking a couple bolts in the upper intake and throttle body. also has broken vacuum hose for the fuel pressure regulator and the canister purge valve. now it runs rough puffs smoke that smells like gas and i have to apply the gas to keep it running. what can cause this?

You already listed many causes of the problem with broken bolts and vacuum lines and fuel pressure vacuum line causing vacuum leaks and high fuel pressure at lower engine speeds. I suggest repairing all the problems you have listed when doing the work and then reevaluate the running of the engine. You may be running rich and or have coolant getting into engine.

3. 2001 impala white smoke misifre and gas smell.