Q: Q: Car starts, but then immediately stalls.

My car has not run for two years. It starts, but then immediately stalls. I have taken it to several mechanics with no success in fixing the problem.

Hi there. When a vehicle sits for a long period of time any number of things can cause this to occur. From the symptoms you are explaining, I would suspect a fuel issue. When a vehicle sits for this long the fuel can start to turn into a substance that is like a jelly. When this happens it can cause the fuel pump to fail or cause blockage in the fuel lines and the fuel injectors. A fuel pressure test should be done first. This is a test that you should enlist a certified mechanic to do, like one from YourMechanic.

3. Q: Car starts, but then immediately stalls.