Q: What causes the ignition relay fuse to pop when key it's turned to the start position

asked by on October 20, 2016

I'm having trouble with car it won't crank over .every time I turn key over it blows my ignition relay fuse only each time .. the lights in dash work fine with radio but all the gauges keep moving nd the odometer says fuse .. I change it nd it goes back to normal till I turn key all the way as if I was trying to start it then it blows the #10 ignition relay fuse

Ignition Coil Replacement $116.03 - $516.36 Get a Quote
Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello - You likely have a shorted coil or ignition module. One of the ignition components is pulling too much current blowing the fuse. Check the coils and ignition module for shorts or other conditions drawing too much current. I would have a certified professional, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the electrical problems and perform needed repairs.