Q: Knock Sensor + Wiring Harness installation cost? Will YourMechanic install parts if I provide them?

Hi there, I currently have a check engine light on and pulled the codes. The code reads as a faulty knock sensor. I'm very familiar with my car, and did a vast amount of research. Sometimes, its just a faulty knock sensor wiring harness that gets defective due to the heat. So my question is, If I can provide my own knock sensor and perhaps a wiring harness, can a mechanic just install this for me? I would like to use a OEM knock sensor, due to negative reviews on aftermarket. And if so, do you guys have a knock sensor wiring harness in stock?

I have used yourmechanic once already, and have nothing but great things to say about your services. Thank you

Hello. Yes we will install parts that are provided by you but doing so will void our warranty. You will also be charged for the technicians time if the part you provide does not fit properly. After we install the parts if the condition returns we will come back out and inspect the vehicle. If the issue is not related to the service we performed you will be charged an inspection fee but if it is related we would turn that over to our warranty claims department. The harness is something that our parts department can obtain for you when you’re ready to schedule your next appointment. I will ask our customer service department to send you a quote for the knock sensor installation and they should be able to get a price for that harness too. Thank you for choosing YourMechanic!

3. Knock Sensor + Wiring Harness installation cost? Will YourMechanic install parts if I provide them?